fruit and vegetable juices provide numerous natural vital substances, enzymes, and antioxidants. They also provide secondary plant substances, bioavailable minerals, and valuable water from fresh fruit or vegetables.
fruit and vegetable Juices stimulate the metabolism, support the reduction of excess weight, and waste products in the form of a juice regimen and initiate effective detoxification processes. Since juices are digested very quickly and contain only a small amount of fiber, the nutrients and vital substances reach your cells in a few minutes and can support and accelerate repairment and healing processes in there.
Juices help regenerate and completely renew the body
When you hear the word “juice” you might think of orange juice or apple juice first, It is true that these two juices – especially when freshly squeezed – have outstanding effects on the organism. But there are much more valuable juices that you might not know about. for example, what do you think of carrot juice, beetroot juice, and spinach juice? what about celery juice, cucumber juice, and cabbage juice? about potato juice, fennel juice, and pineapple juice? Or have you even heard of alfalfa juice, dandelion juice, and parsley juice?
Each of these juices have lots of specific effects on the body. If you combine them into tasty compositions and drink them daily, the organism can slowly but surely renew and regenerate itself. Of course, this is unlikely with purchased juices, which have been pasteurized for shelf-life purposes – especially since many of the above-mentioned types of juices are not commercially available. Therefore a juicer is extremely worthwhile, especially when you don’t just want to take a juice regimen, but want to regularly enjoy freshly squeezed juices in the future.
A juice diet changes people
Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are even helpfull in extreme cases, like the heavily overweight, chronically ill, and reliant on many different drugs. Liam (this is a nickname, due to the patient’s confidentiality is an example). Liam used his juicer in order to make fresh fruit and vegetable juice every day. In 60 days, he lost almost 50 kilograms in weight, recovered from his chronic illnesses, and subsequently no longer had to take his medication.
Liam revealed to us that how difficult it was for him to leave his conventional diet behind but for him getting rid of his unsightly body and the bad feeling he had all the time was worth it. Thanks to an abundance of the most diverse freshly squeezed juices he no longer needed to consume fast foods and with daily exercise he managed to transform into an attractive and sporty figure within two months. He is now helping other people to do the same, His motto in life is: You can only change the world by changing yourself!
The Gerson Therapy
Freshly squeezed juices are also an essential part of the so-called Gerson therapy according to Dr. Max Gerson (1881-1959). Dr. Gerson developed the juice regimen to cure cancer and migraines. In the course of the Gerson juice cure, you have to drink up to twelve glasses of freshly juices a day and also dedicate yourself to intestinal cleansing and detoxification of the liver. Apparently the Gerson method already cured end-stage cancer patients who had previously undergone unsuccessful conventional medical treatment procedures.
Juice diet, weekly or monthly
Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices have a comprehensive effect on the entire organism. Since they provide the body nutrients and are not heavy for human body, they automatically put the body into detoxification mode – the more juice you drink during the day and the less solid food you consume, the healthier you will get. For this reason, pure juice days, in which the body can devote itself to internal cleansing, are real treats for your organism. A pure juice day per week or month is sufficient. So you don’t have to live on juices for 60 days in a row like Liam.
You can of course also integrate fruit and vegetable juices into everyday life, by having them instead of e.g usual snacks or just drinking juice for breakfast. The latter is particularly beneficial for those people who don’t have an appetite in the morning and cannot eat anything “solid”, but also don’t want to leave the house without breakfast.
A juice regimen lets you shed pounds
Your body cells use the energy, the phytochemicals, and the antioxidants of the freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices to excrete stored toxins and metabolic residues. The better this succeeds, the more sustainably excess body weight can be lost. According to an alternative medical thesis, fat envelopes toxins and waste products in the body so that they cannot harm healthy body tissues. If toxins and waste products are discharged, the fat can also melt because it no longer has any reason to stay with you.
Juices and their positive effects on the organism are not unproven. A number of the health effects of juices have long been scientifically confirmed.
Carrot juice lowers blood pressure
A university study in 2011, took a closer look at freshly squeezed carrot juice, They found that drinking half a liter of freshly squeezed carrot juice a day for three months could both lower blood pressure (the systolic value) and significantly increase the antioxidant status of the test subjects. The scientists concluded that carrot juice can significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Carrot juice in holistic diabetes therapy
In the same study, the scientists examined the level of malondialdehyde in the blood. Malondialdehyde (MDA) is an important marker for oxidative stress, i.e. the threat to our cells from free radicals. The higher the MDA value, the more stressed out cells, which means the risk of cell damage and cell degeneration will be higher. The three-month carrot juice cure now led to a significant drop in MDA levels in the test subjects. So the cell protection had increased.
Since diabetics not only suffer from particularly high MDA levels but often also from high blood pressure, two glasses of carrot juice per day could be a useful addition to their diet. At the same time, the glycemic load (GL) of raw carrots is very low. It is around 2 (for comparison: the GL of sugar is around 100), which means that freshly squeezed, raw carrot juice does not have an unduly strong effect on insulin release. From this point of view, everything speaks in favor of drinking fresh carrot juice for diabetes.
Beetroot juice and spinach juice lower blood pressure and protect the blood vessels
Many people are suspicious of beetroot juice or spinach juice because they are worried about the sometimes high nitrate content in these two types of vegetables. First of all, organically grown beetroot or organic spinach contain significantly less nitrate than conventionally grown vegetables.
In conventional agriculture, large quantities of artificial fertilizers with a high concentration of nitrates are used, the nitrates of which accumulate in vegetables.
However, moderate amounts of nitrate can also be found in organic vegetables – and that’s a good thing.
Because nitrate also has advantages: In the course of metabolism, nitrate is broken down in the human body into nitric oxide, which is known for its protective effect on blood vessels. And so it was not surprising when a study (from 2012) with beetroot juice found that the juice was able to significantly lower both the systolic and diastolic values of blood pressure – from a dose of 100 grams of juice and over a period of 24 hours. The scientists then announced:
“Our data once again confirmed the cardio-protective and antihypertensive effects of nitrate-rich vegetables.”
Another study also from 2012, came to a similar result. The test subjects ate a conventional diet and were given either 500 grams of beetroot and apple juice or a placebo juice in addition to their diet. As early as 6 hours after drinking the juice, a 4 – 5 mmHg reduction in blood pressure could be measured.
Beetroot juice improves blood circulation
Since vegetables rich in nitrates promote blood circulation and widen blood vessels, beetroot juice is an ideal juice for the brain. Even with erectile dysfunction, it is believed that regular consumption of nitrate-rich vegetable juices can improve blood circulation. Beetroot juice is also popular with athletes to increase performance.
Orange juice protects against polyarthritis
There are also scientific results on freshly squeezed orange juice; That indicate regular drinking of freshly squeezed orange juice leads to a better immune system due to its vital substance content. In early 2005, a study showed that freshly squeezed orange juice – from one glass per day – also has an anti-inflammatory effect and as a result can even reduce the risk of polyarthritis, a chronic joint inflammation.
Pomegranate juice for the heart
Pomegranate juice is considered a juice that is particularly good for the cardiovascular system. According to a study, the combination of pomegranate juice with dates is apparently particularly recommended. The pomegranate juice also lowers blood pressure. This juice also has a certain anti-cancer effect. Studies are already available that show its preventive effect on breast cancer. In terms of cancer protection, pomegranate juice is said to be three times stronger than green tea.
Further healing effects from folk medicine
Naturally, we know a lot more about fruit and vegetable juices and their effects from stories and reports in naturopathy. Alfalfa juice, combined with carrot juice and salad juice, is said to promote hair growth, apple juice is said to help with fever and inflammation, fennel juice supports blood formation, cucumber juice is used to flush the kidneys and bladder, potato juice is highly basic and relieves gout and stomach problems, dandelion juice activates the liver and bile, on the other hand, it also strengthens teeth and gums, parsley juice protects eyes and kidneys, and parsnip juice is said to be beneficial for the respiratory tract – to name just a few examples from an infinite abundance.
Why a juice treatment and not the whole fruit?
Perhaps you are wondering why you should spend a lot of time pressing the fruit into juice and then throw away parts of the fruit (the pomace) when you could very well eat the whole thing or simply make a smoothie. Of course, you can do that too. But Still, fruit and vegetable juices can offer certain advantages:
- Juices relieve the digestive system: If you eat an Iranian apple or a carrot, some of the micronutrients are bound to the fibers they contain. In a laborious digestive work – depending on how well you chewed – the micronutrients must now be separated from the fiber. This never works completely. If one then also suffers from weak digestive system or from digestive problems in general, even less of the valuable vital substances can be extracted. However, a high-quality juicer does this work for you. It removes the vital substances from the fibers with ease and therefore provides a pure elixir of life.
- Juices are digested in a matter of minutes: This elixir of life can now be digested very quickly. The vital substances reach the cells in just a few minutes – and without wasting any digestive energy. The energy saved can now be used much more sensibly for detoxification and slag removal.
- Juices provide many more vital substances: In addition, freshly squeezed juices can supply the body with many more vital substances, minerals, and trace elements than the whole fruit or vegetables. After all, it would be difficult to eat 1 kilogram of raw carrots, 6 apples, 1 raw fennel bulb, 1 raw parsnip, ¼ of raw cabbage, 100 grams of fresh garden herbs, and 100 grams of fresh dandelion and to chew all of this intensely in one day. In the form of juice, however, it is possible to eat this amount of fresh food without any problems.
Juices are particularly suitable for …
Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are indeed very special foods that serve very special purposes. Juices are wonderful for detoxification, purification, and healing. They are ideal for weakened people, for people with pronounced micronutrient deficiencies, and for people with a troubled digestive system.
Why freshly pressed?
There are abundant variety of juices in the supermarkets. There are also juices of organic quality in markets. So why should we juice fresh fruit and vegetables at home?
- Freshly squeezed juice tastes best: No ready-made juice – not even the best organic juice – tastes as good as freshly squeezed juice. This applies without exception! Freshly squeezed juice is always better! Try it!
- Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice contains many more vital substances: Due to processing and storage, finished juices can never contain as many natural vital substances as freshly squeezed ones. The vital substance content of freshly squeezed juice also increases with the quality of the juicer used.
- Better not use concentrate juices! Most supermarket juices are made from juice concentrate. This means that the original juice is transformed into a concentrated juice (thickened to one-sixth of its original weight), preserved, and, if necessary, mixed with various flavors and acidulants. This concentrate is then diluted again with water, sweetened with sugar or sweeteners, and filled into bottles or tetra packs. Juices made from concentrate are usually of poor quality.
- Non-concentrated juices are pasteurized! For the so-called non-concentrate juices, on the other hand, the fruits and vegetables are pressed after harvest and bottled undiluted. So they are significantly of better quality than juices made from concentrate. However, almost without exception – for reasons of shelf life – all commercial juices are pasteurized, i.e. heated to around 70 degrees. Otherwise, the juice would start fermenting before reaching the end-user. Vital substances, however, are partly heat-sensitive and are drastically reduced by pasteurization (enzymes are completely deactivated). Vital substances are also sensitive to light, i.e. they oxidize under the influence of light during manufacture or storage in white glass bottles. During storage, the vital substance content is further reduced – even without the influence of light. No wonder, scientists do not use bought-juices for studies and always make fresh juices.
- Freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices are inexpensive: In addition, the cost of a relatively high-quality purchased juice is more than the cost of a freshly squeezed juice. If you also take into account that the juice you buy has only minor health benefits, it is even significantly more expensive than the freshly squeezed elixir of life from a high-quality juicer. Apart from the already mentioned advantages of freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, they have a lot more to offer than you might think! For example, you can have ingredients that hardly any commercial juice manufacturer will ever use. These are ingredients that can improve your health even further.
Read about iron-rich fruits.