Are you not interested in some foods? There is no problem with that, but if you are not willing to eat fruits, I fear that a healthy plate is incomplete without fruits and vegetables.
If you have kids, you might be familiar with these cases. “Apple? No thanks! Mom, why should I eat fruit every day?” or when he brings back the fruits you have given him from school.
Almost every kid pouts when you give him a healthy dish like a salad or fruity snacks. But what would happen if our kids or we cut the fruits out of our diet? A study from Johns Hopkins University, a private research university, on consuming fruit was conducted, the result was not very promising. It showed that only 11 percent of the adults ate the USDA-recommended serving fruits per day.
We can answer the question of “what will happen to the body if you don’t eat fruits? or what are the results of not eating fruit” by casting a glance at the food pyramid. Fruit and vegetables have accounted for a large part of the pyramid. If you shrink the pyramid, you put your health at risk because this part of the pyramid is a source of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
What happens when we avoid eating fruits?
- If you do not eat fruits, you are omitting lots of vitamins like A, E, C, K and minerals like potassium, magnesium, and iron. In this case, your hair will fall out and become brittle.
- You will get vitamin C deficiency. The condition of your gums gets worse in the long run.
- If your body is in a healthy condition, the healing wound process will last about 30 days. When you neglect eating fruits, you are not sick, but your body is not healthy enough to keep your body fully functional. Accordingly, Your healing process may take more time.
- You may be surprised, but what scientists say about fruit’s influence on mental conditions is true. Low B1 and folic acid, which are the results of not eating fruit and vegetables, lead to depression, confusion, and learning problems.
- When you avoid eating fruits, your body’s magnesium supply runs out, and your heart will be at the risk of irregular heartbeats and cardiovascular diseases.
- Weakens the digestive system and setting in nausea are expected results of not eating fruit.
- If you’re lacking vitamin A, C, B6, or magnesium, your immune system will soon break down, meaning you’ll get sick much more often. Fruits are full of vitamins and minerals needed for the immune system to run at peak performance.
- Your body will run out of magnesium and potassium. Cutting out fruits depletes potassium, calcium, or magnesium deposits, leading to cramps. But remember that not all cramps are the results of not eating fruit. Cramp is also caused by being in a physical position for a long time, excessive use of muscle, or dehydration.
- Many fruits contain phytochemicals that have anti-cancer and anti-aging properties. The body may appear aged if there are not enough antioxidants. Also, you may be more susceptible to cancer and other dangerous conditions.
- If you stop eating fruit, you will experience constipation in three days. Constipation is a typical result of lacking fiber. As you know, fruits are a good source of fiber; Fiber regulars bowel movements and softens the stool. It has been proved that constipation sufferers are not fruit-eater kind of guys. Cutting fruits equal to cutting fiber from your diet.
- According to the American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR), nothing can protect you against cancer but filled- fruit diet. Carotenoids such as beta-carotene in fruits like carrots may protect the body against cell damage, reducing cancer risk.
- Removing fruits from the diet results in lacking energy. In this case, you tend to eat other foods instead, and you are stuck in getting weight cycle. It means you experience prolonged low energy and tiredness and rush to eat more food. Because this food does not have enough fiber, you will be hungry soon. The fruit can keep you satisfied longer.
vitamin supplements VS whole fruit
If you think you can meet your body’s needs through the rest of your diet, I have to tell you it is almost impossible. You cannot satisfy your body’s requirements through your meals alone or the pills available in the pharmacies. We all know that choosing vitamin pills over natural fruit is wrong, but You have to be aware that the absorption of minerals from them is scientifically discussable. Vitamins that come from vitamin supplements are not the same in natural fruits. Besides, they are pills and have their side effects. In case your fruitless diet is ideal (which is impossible), You can’t afford your body requirements.