The importance of having a presence online platform, and the relationship between online platforms and trading business, cannot be overstated. Even traders can organize their marketing online if they are willing to put in some effort.
Today, having a website is a must (unless you have an established business). A professional-looking resume is not essential, but it needs an email address, a physical address, qualifications, and so forth. If you were in search of a tradesman, what information would you want to see?
To attract new customers and to provide a service to potential customers, websites and social media need to be easily found online. As a result of this always-on world we live in, it is also imperative to be accessible around the clock.
The advantage is that almost anyone can access your website 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so they can conveniently do business with you, and most importantly, purchase from you.
What are the advantages of online platforms for trading business?
An established company is usually first perceived by buyers from the company’s website. They may conclude that you are not an exporter if your website does not appear in their web searches or if your website is not professional or finished. Here are some of the benefits of having an online platform for trading business:
- You can also increase your search rankings by linking to your website via social media, and this is a method of driving visitors to your website. In addition to using social media to update your website continually, you can serve as a driver to keep it updated – for example, posting case studies, photos, client testimonials, and blogs.
- By using social media, you capable of reaching a much wider audience. On Facebook, for example, your posts can be seen not only by your friends but also by many other friends.
- As well as improving messaging, Response can support this process. It is possible to observe what works (and what doesn’t work) by monitoring the number of likes or retweets between one post and another.
- On average, people like pictures and advice that are sprinkled with some banter, humor, or simply sharing interesting things that you find. It is not advisable to have a ‘direct selling’ strategy in social media, where users are savvier and will refuse to engage with heavy-handed pitches.
- The best places to share video and images, as well as interact with users, are Facebook and Twitter. With Facebook, you can create surveys, run contests, and post lots of pictures, which allows you to engage with customers.
- Social media also has the big advantage of being interactive. Rather than focusing the message in one direction, marketing has become a multi-line medium where the audience is able to participate. More effective than marketing hype, so make sure to communicate with customers, give them accurate information, thank them for their recommendations, and offer them discounts and freebies to motivate them to stand behind you.
What are the tips for online platforms and trading businesses?
Optimizing your website can be accomplished through the following methods:
- Your website will perform better in the search engine results if your URL is posted on different industry-related websites, such as trade associations, databases, and news websites (such as Freshplaza).
- The website you create should provide a holistic view of your company, identity, product information (size, quality), packaging options, and impressions of your production and processing.
- With SEO, your website will be more visible to potential customers
- Keep your website updated regularly to ensure proper functionality and to achieve a higher ranking in search engines. Your online presence can be enhanced by regular news items about your company’s activities or market updates on the fruits and vegetables you produce.
- If possible, write your web pages in the language of the target market(s) that you are expecting to reach.