Fresh homemade juices are rich in various nutrients, fiber, and vitamins. (store-bought juices have fewer vitamins and nutrients due to heat for pasteurization and preservatives, and consumption of this type of juice is not recommended). Fresh homemade juices also improve the functioning of the body’s digestive system. Consumption of fruit and vegetable juice with a specific program leads to cleansing toxins and increases the immune system’s strength.
The key to making fresh fruit and vegetable juice at home is choosing the right juicer. Obviously, it is tempting to get a cheap juicer, but this is by no means recommended for some reason.
Centrifugal juicers damage the juice
Inexpensive juicers work with centrifuges. A centrifugal juicer has a flat surface with small holes that spins very fast, so when the fruit is pushed against this surface, the holes will start cutting the fruit and vegetable at a breakneck speed resulting in separating the fluid from the fruit. Then the pulp and the fluid each go into different containers. You can imagine the principle as a washing machine that hurls the water out of the clothes in the last spin cycle.
- Less vital substances and enzymes: centrifuges work at very high speeds (sometimes over 10,000 revolutions per minute). The juice is heated, and oxygen is mixed into the juice. The juice turns brown quickly, so it oxidizes, and its shelf life is shortened. Vital substances and enzymes are massively damaged here. And that’s precisely why we want freshly squeezed juices to drink them fresh and undamaged. On the other hand, we could buy heated juices low in vital substances from the supermarkets – without the hassle of self-pressing.
- Time-consuming cleaning: centrifuge juicers usually do not eject the pomace. They are, therefore, extremely time-consuming to clean, so much so that after the lengthy rinsing and tidying up, you will lose your desire for juicing.
- Cheap but loud, short-lived, and with little juice yield: centrifuge juicers are top-rated because they are the cheapest juicers available. Granted, the juices made from them are still a bit better than the juices you buy. At the same time, centrifuge juicers often make extreme noise, and their juice yield is very low compared to high-quality juicers. Sometimes they produce half the juice from the same amount of vegetables. Their lifespan is also not very long, so in the end, it is not really worth working with such a juicer.
Of course, we do not recommend using juicers that heat the juice. Because then you could buy your juice directly from the store. We will, therefore, not go into the so-called steam juicers any further.
High-quality twin gear juicers for your juice diet
The high-quality juicers are a bit more expensive but mostly worth their price.
- Juice yield twice as high: The juicer with the new mechanism (twin gear) grinds the fruit and vegetables slowly and gently at first and then just as gently presses the resulting mass through a sieve separating the fluids from solids. A comparison test between a centrifugal juicer and a twin gear juicer shows the twin gear juicer yields twice as much juice as the centrifugal juicer. This is where the vital substances come into the glass and do not remain in the pomace.
- Juice from grass – no problem: A twin gear juicer can process fresh wheatgrass, wild plants, celery stalks, or other fiber-rich materials into valuable vital juices with the new mechanism (twin gear). The juicer pulls in the plants quite automatically. Also, Refilling is not necessary. Centrifugal juicers, on the other hand, have enormous problems with fiber-rich material.
- The highest content of vital substances and minerals: The twin gear juicer (triturating) works with a very low number of revolutions – only 110 revolutions per minute. The swirling of oxygen is minimized, heat is not created in the process, and all the vital substances get extracted undamaged. The equipment with bio-ceramics and magnets ensures that even more minerals are drawn out of the fruit with maximum bioavailability.
- Easy to clean: The twin gear juicer ejects the pomace into a separate bowl during the pressing process and can be cleaned in a few simple steps so that you can look forward to juicing every day.
- Do you fancy healthy chocolate? With the twin gear juicer, you can not only press juices but also puree raw fruit and vegetables (ideal for baby food), puree frozen fruit (for making fruit sorbets), and also has the ability to turn nuts, seeds, and sprouts into the dough that is used to make basic sprouted bread or basic cakes. And if you are in the mood for healthy chocolate, you can pass hazelnuts and dates through the juicer, then mix the resulted dough with some freshly squeezed orange juice, cocoa powder, and a hint of vanilla, shape it into balls, the best chocolate in the world is ready.
Many twin gear juicers are available with similar qualities. Based on the criteria mentioned, however, you will now assess juicers and their quality better and thus acquire the most suitable juicer for yourself.